It’s Hanoi you big idiot. Hanoi is the capital of Vietnam.
Sitting in the north of the nation, it has a population of around 5 million people, and it’s an absolutely brilliant place to visit. I used to live there, and I can’t wait to go back for more. It’s the best place I’ve ever lived, and I absolutely fell in love with it.
A Quick Guide to the Hanoi, the Capital of Vietnam
Here are all the things you can do in the city:
- Eat some of the best food you’ve ever eaten (for around $1.50 per meal, and I’m not even making that up)
- Enjoy one of the most alluring and charming cities on the planet, full of labyrinthine alleyways and smiling faces
- Drink freshly-brewed beer on a plastic chair for around $0.25 per glass
- See more scooters (that’s motorbikes) than you’ve ever seen in your life
- Absolutely fall in love with the place, and end up wanting to live there, just like everybody else does
For much more detail, check out my guide to Hanoi, and all the things you can do in the city.
If you’re looking for flights to Hanoi, check out SkyScanner, where you can find ridiculously good bargains (if you’re relatively flexible). And if you want to travel from Hanoi to other places in Vietnam, the best way to do it comfortable and affordably is by booking trains and buses with Bookaway.
If you’re on the hunt for places to stay in Hanoi, some of my favorites are Old Quarter View Hanoi Hostel and Hanoi Buffalo Hostel. If you prefer hotels, I’ve heard the Sofitel Legend Metropole is lovely (and really central, which lots of the best hotels aren’t).
Anyway, Hanoi is the capital of Vietnam, and it’s one of my favorite places on the planet.
See you next time boys and girls!